Sunday, April 18, 2021

Chemical factory explosion in Taiyuan, China

Editor : Xia Yuhe / https://www.aboluowang.com/2021/0418/1582357.htmlhttps://www.ntdtv.com/gb/2021/04/18/a103098788.html / Sources : Sound Of Hope, NTDTV / Direct translation




On the morning of April 17, a violent explosion occurred at the Xing'an Chemical Plant in Taiyuan, Shanxi, and the mushroom cloud soared up to an altitude of over 100 meters. Authorities said 2 people were killed and 3 people lost contact. Local residents reported that the explosion was loud and the glass was shaking.

A video posted by netizens showed that after the explosion, a huge mushroom cloud rushed into the sky.

Comments from local netizens:

"Sleeping in the morning, the glass was shaking, and then when I went out, it was full of smoke."

"It was near my house, and I did hear an explosion just after eight o'clock."

"Corrupt Shanxi doesn't pay attention to human life at all. It's the area that caused the trouble. There is no way to pay attention to it. If it doesn't happen, it will be casual, and ordinary people will not be taken seriously."

"When did Shanxi attach importance to the safety of people's lives?"

"The deceased rest in peace, and I hope that those who lost contact can come back safely."

"I heard the explosion when I went to work in the morning, so no more casualties."

"The nature of this factory is different. If something goes wrong, I can't say more about it. During the Iran-Iraq War, it often exploded."

"I thought there was an earthquake in the morning."

"I remember it exploded once before, and then I was in Nanzhai! When I heard a loud noise, the mushroom cloud rose! At that time, the official said there were no casualties, and I don't know if there were any!"

According to public information, Xing’an Chemical Plant was built in 1953 and put into operation in 1960. It is one of the key projects of the CCP’s first Five-Year Plan and is now part of the CCP Ordnance Industry Group Corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture : The error in Changi app

 Picture, copyright by : Gan Yung Chyan, KUCINTA SETIA